Sunday, January 23, 2011

Polygamy and far away lands


Little D and I got married today. He told me we just needed to give each other a smooch on the neck, and that he is working on our rings. What a cutie. Z says he remembers getting married to his mom too. What is it about these boys - so sweet and huggy and kissy, and then at some point during adolescence it leaves... I am sad just thinking about it. But then again, do I really want 13 year old D wishing he could marry me?  
Other than our quickie wedding, Z and I spent much of the day cleaning the house and finishing the chicken run. Our big outing of the day was a scuut bike/scooter ride to the playground. Very exciting stuff people. 
I am aching to travel and am therefore trying to plan out a few family excursions in the coming months. If we get our passports in time, we may try to head up to Canada for Spring Break. This summer I would like to do a few camping trips. But what I REALLY REALLY want is to travel to Europe. I would like to go with the kids, but know that they are not ready for a trip like I would want to do it, and it would not be worth the cost of them going (yet-eventually they will be awesome travelling companions). When we applied for the passports, Little D asked what they were for, and I told him they were our tickets to far away lands. We spent the next couple of hours talking about what kinds of lands we would visit. We talked about snorkeling, going to the desert, visiting castles, cities that you have to travel through by boat, etc. Every time we came up with a new place he added it to his mental list (which was an invisible list he put marks on and stored in his mouth). The only place that he refused to put on this list was visiting an active volcano. Can't say I blame him (although I would like to visit one). 

No comments:

Post a Comment