Thursday, January 13, 2011

Grump and a haircut...

Here is the shaggy little man getting a haircut today... Isn't he sweet? We get his hair cut at the same little hipster walk-in haircut place that we get our own hair done, and I like to think that D himself is responsible for fewer unplanned pregnancies in the Portland hipster community with every haircut he gets. He is not screaming, not throwing a fit, but being a TOTAL pain, and saying "OWWW!" every time the hairdresser touches the comb to his head. I promised him a lollipop for a job well done, and he asked if he could also get one for DaVinci (they collaborate on sweets quite well). But really, this job was NOT well done. Haircut achieved? Yes. Done in a manner I find acceptable? No... And yet, the kid gets the freaking lollipop, because to him, that is the only purpose a haircut serves. He does not care what he looks like, he does not mind constantly brushing his bangs out of the way, he only cares that the end result is a lollipop. And I almost never brush his hair, so I know it probably does hurt more than if I brushed it every day (and he may have inherited the worlds wimpiest scalp on his y chromosome). I just need to remember that next time, I should remind myself that the lollipop is the end result of any haircut, not just a good one. There is an ice cream place next door...

In other, animal related news...
Naked Cat: My oldest cat has a bald spot on her back that is getting bigger, and two vets do not really know what to do about it.

Naked Chicken: I just noticed today that one of the chickens is pecking all the feathers off the other chicken's back... Crap. I know its because they are cooped up so much now because of the dog, and that I need to make their run bigger. Here I am, keeping them enclosed for fear of Tashi killing one of them, and now it looks like they may just eat each other. Looking on the interwebs, possible solutions (aside from the already planned but yet to be executed increase in space) include vaseline or vicks vapo-rub on the pecked spot, hanging cds/cabbage/seed blocks for them to peck. I will let you know how it goes.

Dog Lesson Learned:  Let it be known that on this day I finally came to understand the ancient Chinese Proverb: "Do not wait until after rainstorm to clean up dog poop." I am also pretty sure that what I saw today is where the term "shit storm" originated.

No comments:

Post a Comment