Friday, January 7, 2011

Ear Infection Day (kinda like a Snow Day plus antibiotics minus sledding)



So after a rough night of DaVinci in a crabby mood and then crying about her ear, I sort of knew I wasn't going to have a quiet day in the office. Sure enough, in the morning her ear was still bothering her so I called off work and we headed to the Doctor's office to hear that, yes she has an ear infection. DaVinci wanted to check with the Doctor to make entirely sure that she had a DOUBLE ear infection (to compete with Little D's ear infection last year). Yes, that's right, the kids have had a total of one ear infection each including this one, and I would like to keep it that way.

I would have gotten some work done if DaVinci were feeling worse (she would be napping, watching movies, reading quietly), but it turned out that with Tylenol, she felt ok, and wanted to hang out with me. There wasn't really enough time to go back to school, and its not as if she is missing a major math test in Kindergarten, so we stayed home the whole day. 99% of the time if DaVinci doesn't have school it also means little brother D is home and she does not get enough of my undivided attention. So we started playing with her stop-motion animation kit she got for Christmas. It consists of a lot of clay, a camera on a long cord (re-used from Z's XBOX), and an amazing Klutz book that comes with free software to help you make movies. DaVinci has recently become obsessed with The Nightmare Before Christmas, and I thought this would be an awesome way to combine that love with her love of art. On Christmas Day, she was a little too overwhelmed by everything else and all the fun that was being had, so when we started on an animation using D's Christmas Playmobile toys she ened up leaving to do something else. I was at that point having so much fun that I kept going and made my own short animation (which you can see at the end of the clip above). P.S. it is AWESOME to have a kid who likes many of the same kinds of things I do, and that I can get her presents that I would get for myself if I had more time to use them!

So this video was the most productive part of our day, and when we got D home from school, even he was able to join in on the fun. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment