Thursday, January 20, 2011

Moms are moms are moms

Little D and I spent the morning at my friend Miranda's house. She is an awesome lady, good friend, great blogger and super mom. She is a few years younger than me, and had her kids at the same ages I did, and the same age apart. Hanging out with her is like looking backwards into my life three years (although more like the movie version of my life where I am taller, thinner, and more beautiful). The experiences of raising young children are so uniting - the sleepless nights, the long (sometimes lonely) days, the loss of yourself outside of your identity as a mom. I have never had so much in common with a group of people as I do now. I see mothers with their young children and see myself. We are all so much more alike than we are different.

The other great thing about visiting Miranda is that I can get my baby fix. I don't actually want more babies myself, but I sure do need to smell a baby head every so often.

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable baby! If that doesn't make you want to have another one, I don't know what will. You know, except for the sleeping and crying thing. Other than that though....look at that babies cheeks and fuzzy little head. Sigh....

    ReplyDelete