Sunday, January 16, 2011

In the Zone

When DaVinci started preschool, I had a 5 month old Baby D. I wasn't sleeping through the night, was the only source of food for D, and was constantly standing and swaying to keep him asleep. One of DaVinci's classmates was a sweet girl named Sophie who had a big sister in kindergarden named Isabelle. I remember watching them and their parents and thinking of what a phase they were in. I couldn't wait for the future when I had two kids I could play and joke and laugh with. Kids who were big and could do so many little things on their own, but were still little enough to think their parents are awesome and whose troubles are small.

Three years later, and we are living the life. This IS what I expected, and it is a blast. This picture was requested by D, who you can see is SO PROUD that he can swing in the big kid swing. He is funny, brave, excitable and passionate, often kind, and very giving with hugs and kisses. DaVinci is one of the greatest kids ever: smart, strong, fair and brave. and shares so many of my interests that I think we will have plenty to do together for years to come.

I often think about the phrase "The grass is always greener on the other side." I know that often we look at things and desire them without the complete picture in mind. In this case, having a 3 and 6 year old is WAY GREENER than a baby and toddler. I miss many things about those baby days, but not nearly as many as I love about the days we have now.

No comments:

Post a Comment