Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Running on the wheel...

First off I would like to say that I have an overwhelming sympathy for onions. I think that I may be at the extreme end of the spectrum when it comes to reactions to cutting onions. I feel pretty strong in most aspects, think I have a decently high tolerance for pain (I did push two babies out of my vag with no meds thankyouverymuch) and yet... onions. I love eating them, I like cooking them, but I am a wreck when cutting them. Seriously. And the tears and the pain goes on and on and on.

In other news, I love the fact that I work part time. I LOVE getting to spend so much time with the kids, only having Little D in school 3 days a week, picking up Davinci everyday after school. It is worth so much to me, and I feel fortunate to have worked this situation out. However, I think that it makes both my jobs (at home and at work) MORE busy. I cannot possibly do my job in 20 hours a week, and so I am always pulling extra hours or not getting everything done, which leaves me stressing about work outside even when I'm not working. When I am home I am always trying to fit in all of the things that I think I should be doing with/for the kids, the things that I would do if I didn't have a job. And after they go to bed, at the end of the day, I have a REALLY hard time rallying to do anything productive or useful. If anything I am usually just getting more work done. I think this is also exacerbated right now by the fact that Zach is doing way too much. He works full time, and is at home one day a week to watch Little D while I am at work, AND is taking two grad school classes - including a DOOZY one this quarter. He is either 1) at work, 2) at class, 3) playing with kids or 4) study study studying. I cannot believe his resolve, and I am amazed at how he can do it all. It also makes me appreciate (and sorely miss) the other things he used to do with his time. He has less time for the day to day dishes, pickup, cooking, etc. We usually do a pretty good job of balancing the family duties so I am really feeling it as his time is stretched thin. We are both in general feeling like there is not enough time in the day, and the months and weeks are flying by. I have to remind myself that we are getting in our fun, and one of our main priorities is hanging out with the kids (Davinci, Little D and I had an amazing UNO session tonight). The things that are falling by the wayside are the chores, the exercise, the things that I will not care about when I look back on this time, so I am working to care a little less about them...

No comments:

Post a Comment