Thursday, February 24, 2011

Admitting the truth

Ok... So its becoming increasingly obvious that I cannot do all these things... I am too too too busy. Some of the things I am too busy with are fun things (hanging with the kids, pub quiz with friends and family), and many are not fun things (constant housework and an overwhelming amount of work work).

I have been trying to make this blog a part of my daily life, simple snippets to capture what we are doing with our days. I feel like I am travelling to Mars at light speed and trying to tell everyone each thing I see out the window on my way. I am so very busy, and at the end of the night after work, kids, exercise,  house stuff, I really don't want to be responsible for anything else. The daily pressure of the blog is just one more weight on my shoulders and I already feel like I am carrying too much. This pressure happens to coincide with my busiest time of work so I am not super surprised but maybe a little disappointed.

So (deep breath), I am NOT going to do a daily blog. I cannot. Well let's face it I probably could, but I don't want to. I will try to post frequently, but am not going to set myself up for failure at a task that isn't actually necessary to my work or home life. I can fail at plenty of more important things without adding this to the list. Sorry dear readers (of which I think there are 4 of you). Sorry future me with the rude teenagers who is desperately reading this blog in the hopes of remembering a time in which your children love love loved you.

And major props to my friend Sarah, who has a very similarly chaotic life as mine, who manages to find the time to get it all down in writing. Rock on, sister.

As my update for now - it snowed a depressingly small amount last night. When the prospect of snow comes to Portland, it is all anyone talks about for days and days, and it almost always is less impressive than predicted. School was called off (but probably didn't need to be) and the kids went outside early while the snow was still falling to catch some flakes on their tongue and throw snowballs at each other. Tashi was in heaven - her first snow fall and she was scampering all over the yard. Now at 11:00am, it is almost all gone. Bummer.

Little D is reading like a champ. He and I have a goal to finish the learn-to-read book by the time we head to Canada (just under a month from now!) and I think we will make it. He is at the stage now where he is sounding out every word he sees - "No right turn on red," etc. It makes for a very talkative car trip. I am hoping that he will be able to read to himself on the long car ride to Canada.

3 comments:

  1. This makes me smile! You do so much already, just post as you can. When I started mine my first rule was that it would never feel like "work", only if it was something I really loved would I carry on. It should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the first rule was "Don't talk about blog posts." : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or "what happens on the blog stays on the blog" : ) Let's face it, I just keep up with mine because I'm a sucker for criticism from my mother-in-law.

    ReplyDelete