Sunday, February 6, 2011

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

This is what I saw as I walked up the stairs to my house after another great beach weekend. Two welcome home signs, one from each child. As I walked in the door, there was a display of art, and presents (of more art) to open and admire. Davinci wrote me a note that says "Dear Mama: we had fun wall you were gone, hope you had fun too! hope you enjoy our littele set up. (try not to tear them) we misst you! love: Davinci." This is the other great reason for the beach trip - we missed each other. The advantage of working part time with a flexible schedule is that I am around most of the time. I pick the kids up from school, stay home on school holidays, when they are sick, etc. We have very little time apart (and when we are apart I am really busy working and the kids are busy having a blast at school). It was nice to miss them a little, and even nicer to be missed a little. I know they are in great hands with Zach, and I didn't worry about them (or him) even for a second. But even as I was relishing the quiet of the house, the pleasure of sleeping in, the lack of responsibility, I was thinking about how much fun the rest of the fam would have had at the beach with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment