Monday, February 7, 2011

Sick... Again... Part 292


DaVinci is sick... AGAIN. When I got home from the beach she had a fever, so I kept her home from school. I had a couple of things I had to do at work so she came with me. When we started out, everything was fine, but by the end she was pathetically laying across two chairs and trying to sleep. At the Zoo... Poor thing.

It is still a marvel to me that the kids are getting so big. They are so much more incredibly capable than they were such a short time ago. I have friends who contemplate having another kid, and whether they can take another beating that is the first year of parenthood. And while I remember how truly trying that time can be - I remember crying in the evening because I couldn't bear the idea of going to bed just to be woken up again - I still say Yes Yes Yes!!! The clearing on the other end of the first year is so beautiful, so fun, so full of joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment